Hey Everyone
Just a quick entry from me tonight! I was going to put some photos of my new wall on the computer tonight but my hubby decided that he was going to go out fishing with his mates and won't be back till midnight - so you know what that means - yep - my wall is not getting painted. I have to wait till tomorrow to get it painted. Normally I would do the painting myself - but Ryan usually cuts in (he does a really good job) and then I use the roller (the nice easy job). Hmmmm all I can say is - he better come home with lots of fish - then maybe I'll forgive him for deserting me and going fishing - lol - Just Kidding!.
About the before and after photos - man it's embarrassing looking at some of my old photos - don't know if I want to put any on my blog. I'll have to work up the courage and then I'll post some photos of myself and Ryan.
Actually I went to Rockmans last night - i seriously needed a new jumper of some sort - There has been some cold nights and I've got nothing that fits me anymore - all a bit baggy and loose - so into Rockmans I went and grabbed this really nice black knit top in size XL and L. Guess what both of them were tooooo big for me - I'm that used to getting those sizes that its automatic for me - so I asked hubby to get me size M and it fit perfectly - I was sooooo excited - I love clothes shopping now! But I have to restrict buying clothes to a piece here and a piece there - until I've lost all the weight. The top was on sale for $20.00 so I didn't feel tooo bad buying it!
Hmmmmm the other night I was out with friends again - and the one comment I'm soooo sick of hearing is - "It's so easy for you and Ryan to loose the weight and commit to this programme coz you are doing it together"! I don't think they realise how hard it is - how much commitment it takes. One of the other girls is doing this programme as well and she constantly cheats - her excuse being that she has a husband and kids that aren't doing the programme. I do understand that it would be a little bit harder if your husband wasn't doing the programme but I also think it comes down to dedication and will power as well - I don't like being told it must be easy for myself and Ryan - It isn't. There are days I just wish I had the best metabolism in the world and I didn't have to do it - but I do believe that If you want to loose the weight you will do it - you have to really really want to loose it - otherwise it will never work - its the same with smoking if you don't want to quit you won't. I just thought I would share that with you - It kind of upsets me a bit - so my way of getting it off my chest! And I'm not saying that myself and Ryan are sooooo great - but we have good incentives to loose the weight and we will stick to our new lifestyle change no matter what anyone says!
I did say this was going to be a quick post - but once I get typing I can't stop.
Oh well - we are off to the Surf Lifesaving Championships at Scarborough Beach tomorrow - we have some friends from South Australia that are competing. I hope the rain holds off till Sunday. It should be a fun day!
Hope you all have a fantastic weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to put some photos of the new wall on the blog tomorrow night!
I did say this was going to be a quick post - but once I get typing I can't stop.
Oh well - we are off to the Surf Lifesaving Championships at Scarborough Beach tomorrow - we have some friends from South Australia that are competing. I hope the rain holds off till Sunday. It should be a fun day!
Hope you all have a fantastic weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to put some photos of the new wall on the blog tomorrow night!
Ciao xx
4 comments:
HI Erica,
I'm sitting here reading your blog on Sat morning and it's pouring with rain outside ... not much fun if you're off to the beach today! Hope it still works out okay for you :)
Love Sarah
PS: Was just discussing with someone the other day how if you think something is going to happen, it is bound to happen (if that makes sense) - so if you have in your mind to change your lifestyle around it makes all the difference.
Grrr...I just typed up a response and lost it.
I'm sitting here looking out the window wondering whether you are sitting at the beach in the rain or sitting at home admiring your new painted wall...lol. Hope your not getting too wet either way.
About the comments you get from people - ignore the negative and take on board the positive. Something like this is never easy and it gets guts, determination and loads of willpower. I've done the smoking one, so I know what willpower is. Thankfully, in May this year, I've quit for 3 years.
I can't wait for Monday to hear the next lot of results. I'm sure you've done well going by the little shopping trip you did.
And how many fish did the man come home with???
Have a great weekend.
The rain hasn't reached Busso yet.... Nice and sunny and have been doing gardening and tidying up. Fun stuff!!
Hope you can get past the negative comments and remain positive. It certainly is your own personal commitment as well, even if someone is doing the same thing. I admire you for what you are going thru and can only imagine how hard the commitment would be. I know I would really struggle with that; so good on you. You're doing well and I'm sure the shopping trips help to keep you motivated when you see how well you are doing. Take care....
Hi Erica at the end of a busy day for me and probably everyone, i sit here quietly having a peek at a few blogs(while my daughter is annoying me, mum, mum, i want to play again) i told her if she yells at me i will take longer.
Hope your day out was still enjoyable and Ryan did make his fishing day away from painting worth it for you both!
Fish is supposed to be good for you, you must remind Ryan.
You must be thrilled you are shrinking, i am so proud of you and hey, you will admit you feel heaps better for it! Hope your weighin is positive and i am sure you will both do well.
It's the story of my life too, always watching those scales.
Thanks for the tip on the painting, you are so right, DH knows he has to measure but i keep forgetting to ask, but then i will go off to the shop because i prefer to pick the right shade of paint. Not sure if it will be ready for my b'day:( more pushing u reckon?
Well have a nice weekend and look forward to hearing some good news next week and remember you are doing this for you and if you stay positive you will be fine!
Post a Comment