Sunday, July 13, 2008

New Camera - I'm soooooo excited!

Yesterday Ryan spoilt me with a brand new Nikon D60 Digital SLR Camera. My little present for loosing soooooo much weight (I know it's a bit early coz I've still got more weight to loose - but it's just a little incentive I guess to keep going). I'm over the moon - for soooo long now I've wanted a new camera but kept putting it off because of the price etc. And then at lunch time yesterday he all of a sudden said we were going to Camera House in Mandurah and having a look - and you know what that means - once you have a look you want to buy. It didn't stop at that - then we had to buy some filters (Warm, UV & Polarised (for when we go fishing)) for the lenses, a spare battery, a camera bag, a power chip and cleaning kit etc - so I have been totally spoilt now. The photos are coming up sooooo clear and I've got a lot of reading to do to learn all I can about what this camera can do and all it's many features. So from now on you might have to endure photos on my blog while I'm practicing!

My awesome new camera!!!!!
Here are some of the photos I've taken on my new camera - I'm having soooooo much fun and this is only the beginning - wait till I can go out and about and start taking photos - can't wait!
My cheeky little girl - Skye!
Ryan's Ratbag Boy - Victa!
My tulips are flowering - started last week and are the perfect subject for photography!

Well here are some of the recipes that I have been making with the food allowance that I'm allowed to have - I've typed out 3 of the chicken recipes. I'll include some more in the next couple of days.

Chicken Soup:

Chicken
Cauliflower
Tomato, diced
Onion, diced
Parsley, finely chopped
Celery, diced
Mushrooms, diced
Asian Cabbage, finely chopped
3 Cloves
1 small bay leaf

1. Place chicken and water in saucepan, cover with lid and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
2. Add vegetables to cooked chicken and cook for a further 15 minutes over low heat. Stir regularly.
3. Add Salt & Pepper, Cloves and Bay Leaf.
4. Serve with crispbreads

Spicy Chicken Patties:
Chicken, minced
Spring Onion
Lemon Juice
Dried Garlic
Dried Parsley
Dried Chili Flakes
Salt & Pepper
Lemon Grass

1. Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
2. Shape into patties
3. Spray a non-stick pan lightly with oil.
4. Cook patties over a medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side.
5. Serve with a salad.

"Creamy" Mustard Chicken:
Chicken, cubed
Mushrooms, sliced
Onion, diced
Zucchini, grated
Garlic Powder
1 tsp Mustard Powder
1 tbsp each, Vinegar and Water

1.Lightly spray non-stick pan with oil and fry chicken for 2 minutes.
2. Add mushrooms and continue frying until mushrooms are done.
3. Remove both from pan.
4. In same pan, saute onion with zucchini and garlic powder for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Prepare a paste from mustard powder, vinegar and water and add to onion mixture (this will give it the "creamy" texture).
6. Finally, return chicken-mushroom mixture to pan, stir through, season with salt & pepper and cook covered until chicken is done. (Add a bit more water if needed).
7. Serve with remaining vegetable allowance.

More recipes will follow - now just some photos of me and Ryan!

Photo of Us!
As a result of eating the above recipes this is what happens - you actually loose weight! Lol!!
So till next time hope you all have a wonderful week! xoxo

4 comments:

Chantelle said...

Lucky you getting a new camera. So nice being spoilt - have heaps of fun with it and I'm sure you will be sharing heaps of nice pictures. The tulips are pretty!
And you look just stunning and amazing. (I think you look younger now, not that you looked old before but....) Keep it up, such fantastic results.

ina said...

I'm green with envy. Dad was saying this morning that we don't have a recent photo of us together. the last one was taken on our 30th wedding anniversary, so do you want to get in some practice? If you want some good tips on what to do with photos go to www.pioneerwoman.com

HH said...

those recipes sound yum erica. great pics.

Jen said...

Wow you are going to have a lot of practicing to do i can tell! lol. Not really your ics are lovely already. You sure deserve to be spoilt with that gift.
Thanks for the recipes i wouldnt mind trying a few different and well if i have instant results looking like you, evenbetter. lol!
Enjoy....and take heaps of pics of your cards as well:)