Saturday, April 26, 2008

4wd Harvey!

Anzac Day 2008

Because of the beautiful weather yesterday we decided to go 4wd driving. It has been 2 years since we last went 4wd (before we got married) so we thought it would be fun to do it again. We went to Harvey (bushland bordering the Harvey Dam). We had a great day. The tracks were very muddy and wet (because of the recent rain) and just being out there in the middle of the bush was so nice and relaxing. We went with 6 other cars (some young guys and girls from Rockingham Church) and also with two of our mates (Phil & Steve).

Harvey Dam (Bush Fire in the distance)


Stretching our legs!

Some of the beautiful scenery out there!


Ryan got stuck good and also damaged his car a bit - oops!

Ryan digging! Very very stuck at this stage!

Damaged his car at the back (rear lights broke and a bit of a dent)!


Some of the tricky tracks we went along!


Jason stuck in the mud!


Steve & Phil (very stuck)!


Derek pulling Steve out!

Muddy Tracks!


Some more beautiful scenery!

The boys (Ryan, Phil & Steve) discussing where we were going to take the other guys!

Power line tracks!



We came back very tired and then had to go out again to a birthday party.

Today I managed to get a bit of a sleep in (Ryan had to get up early coz he went to Araluen and played golf with Phil, Steve and Maurits).

Well I am having a lot of trouble fitting into my old clothes - they keep falling off me. So off I went to do some op shopping this morning. I can still picture mum taking us op shopping when we were kids and all I remember was thinking I'm never ever going to go op shopping. But hey I've changed my mind - I picked up 2 pairs of jeans - $5 each and also got Ryan a brand new Rip-Curl Shirt for $5 - So 3 items of clothing for $15. Very happy. Jeans look great - I feel great - everyone happy! I checked my scales this morning (I know I should wait till I have to go back to Cohen's - but I couldn't resist) - According to my scales (which are the same as Cohen's), I've now lost 20kgs - Wow - That makes me very very happy - I feel confident again - not so self conscious - happy with life - not feeling like people don't like me because of my size - but feeling that I'm fitting in again. I'm enjoying life!

Time to make dinner and then hang my new curtains - so till next time. Bye xx

2 comments:

Bruce and Sarah said...

Some scary looking photos there, Erica! I love 4wding, but not sure I'm that adventurous!

HH said...

Looks like you had a blast, Erica. But you know what? You can have all the 4wd fun in the world...I'd rather keep my feet on the ground then in a car which has two front wheels in the air. Not for me! I hate it and I panick. You should hear me driving on the flat beaches in Esperance. It's insane. But glad you had fun.
I'm so impressed with your kg loss. Wow and wow! You must be feeling so fantastic. Oh, and on the op shopping...I do it all the time now for Andrew's work clothes. Why buy new t-shirts and jeans when I can get good ones for $5-10ea. I sometimes buy 5 pairs for $40 or $50.00. It's so worth it, especially when sometimes he only wears them a couple of times and gets rips in them. I just started doing that last year. I'm starting to shop smart.
Keep up the updates, love reading them.
Have a great week.